The Speech House Hotel – Accessibility Policy Statement
The Speech House Hotel is a 17th Century listed building which proudly sits in the centre of The Forest of Dean. Over the years there have been additions made to the hotel property and the facilities have been modernised to reflect current customers’ requirements.
The hotel is family owned and run and aims to offer high levels of customer care to all guests and in so exceeding their expectations so that they will return.
Our Access Statement is designed to give you the information you may need prior to deciding to visit us. Further information may be obtained by contacting us direct either by email email@example.com or phone 01594 822607.
Prior to Arrival
- For assistance please call us on 01594 822607 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are open 24 hours a day however our administration is carried out between 7am and 9pm daily
- Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel
- Mobility aids can be hired in in advance and we would need to enquire about availability prior to taking a reservation.
- The nearest town is Coleford – 3 miles away
- There is a bus route between local towns and Gloucester and the bus stop is opposite the hotel entrance. Buses generally run every hour during the day time
- Local taxis may be booked from the hotel Reception front desk
Arrival and Car parking
- The hotel has a large car park and parking in front of some of the courtyard bedrooms and disabled parking near the back entrance to the hotel
- There is also parking at the front of the hotel with disabled spaces and wheelchair access into the main reception area
- Both entrances has disabled parking spaces nearby
- Assistance with luggage is available at all times, if requested
- Dogs are able to join their owners in the Orangery restaurant and bar area. Guide dogs only are able to accompany their owners in the main hotel restaurants
- There is a telephone at the back door to allow late access after 10pm
Main Entrances and Reception area
- All main hotel entrance door are accessible with a wheelchair
- The garden is accessed with a wheelchair from the outside entrance by the Edwin Tauber Function suite
- There is one small step in the reception area. A wooden ramp is available on request. The Verderers’ Court dining room and the Orangery is accessible with a wheelchair
- Reception is manned from 7am to 10pm and a night porter is on call through the night
- The main Reception desk is 3.5 feet tall
- Registration may be completed whilst seated in the lounge are of the reception lobby
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs and Bedroom locations
- There is no lift to the main house bedrooms. All main house bedrooms are accessed by one or two flights of stairs
- There are 16 bedrooms situated on the ground floor in three different locations of the car park. Five rooms are within easy access of the back door and the walkway is under cover
- Nine ground floor rooms are shower en-suite and the remaining 7 have full bathrooms with shower over the bath
- One of the ground floor twin rooms is wheelchair accessible with a wet room en-suite fitted out for guests with impaired physical ability. There is a disabled car park space outside this ground floor room. There is a covered walk way to reception
- All TVs have remote controls
- All bedrooms are carpeted and some of the ground floor are dog friendly
- Some ground floor rooms will sleep a family of four
- All toilets, including a disabled toilet are on the ground floor and are located near to the back entrance
- The disabled toilet has an emergency pull cord and is also home to a baby changing facility
All information, such as menus, bedroom information and tariffs can be printed in larger font on request. If you require assistance during your stay, please contact Reception. Please inform Reception of any impairment that the hotel staff need to be aware of in the case of an emergency. Please be assured that we aim to look after our guests and will endeavour to do so.