The following details the precautions now in place at The Speech House Hotel
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Additional cleaning and sanitising is being carried out at regular intervals in all public areas, touch points, kitchens, bedrooms and meetings area
- Hygiene guidelines will be reviewed regularly in order that we continue to adhere to the most up to date government guidelines
- All cleaning materials and disinfectants used are approved and supplied by recognised suppliers, including Ecolab and DJB
- Sanitisers are strategically placed at all entry point to the Hotel and may also be supplied by our staff on request, at any time
- We have arranged minimum contact at check-in. Guests may choose to check-in online and check-out electronically by communicating with us over the phone
- Where corridors are narrow in our historic building, we ask that our customers observe “look and see” and allow the oncoming guest to pass through first
- Where possible we request that residential guests use the bathroom facilities in their bedroom rather than our public facilities. This will limit the demand on a smaller space
- Guests may request a face mask if they wish, whilst moving around the hotel ground floor areas
Payment of Guest Bills
- Wherever possible we will take payment electronically, preferably by contactless card
- Full invoices may be made available electronically or printed onto paper as the “old normal”
- Guests may communicate with our receptionist from their room using the in-house bedroom phone
Food and Liquor Service
- We will be serving food in our Orangery and Verderers Court, in our Outdoor Dining Dens, as well as the garden, weather permitting.
- We will continue to do table service in all of our dining areas. Please respect the ‘Please wait to be seated’ notices on entry to the Orangery and Garden
- All service equipment i.e. cutlery and crockery will have been washed at high temperature through our dishwashing machines
- All glassware is washed separately by machine
- Each dining table will be disinfected between use
- Please be aware that our kitchen holds the highest food safety rating of 5 stars. This rating is awarded by the Environmental Health Authority
- All our staff have received training on the guidance and our increased hygiene standards
- Continental breakfast and food may be ordered to be consumed in your room. The order will be delivered to your bedroom door for collection once an order has been placed.
Housekeeping and Your Bedroom
- Check-in is from 2 pm. This is to allow us to ventilate the room, with fresh air, following its thorough clean and disinfectant
- All cleaning and disinfecting products used in the preparation of your room are “approved”
- All bed and bathroom laundry supplied and used in your room has been professionally washed and laundered by Snow White Laundries.
- Your room will have been meticulously cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival, by our highly trained housekeepers
- If you would prefer us not to clean your room during your stay, please inform our Reception team at check-in.
Customer Health and Contact Tracing
- We will continue to request that guests and visitors scan the QR code for NHS track and Trace. If you don’t have the app, we will request that you provide a name and contact number. These details will be held for 21 days and then destroyed
- We request that guests inform the hotel of the following:
- If you have been in contact over the 7 days prior to arrival with a person diagnosed with COVID-19
- That you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms
- That you have tested positive recently to COVID-19
Our Team and their Safety
- We have a daily check-in system: staff are required to disclose their own health and family health on arrival at work
- We check the temperature of all staff when they arrive for their shift at work
- We request that our staff take regular lateral flow tests, and inform us of any positive results
- The Hotel and each operating department have undergone a fully compliant risk assessment from which our training and operating procedures have been compiled
- All staff have received training on our “New Normal” operating standards and procedures
- PPE is offered to all staff, including gloves, face visors, face masks, goggles, sanitiser and disinfectant for those who wish to use it
We sincerely hope that all the above measures outlined, will provide you with the confidence to visit us and use our facilities. Should you have any concerns please contact us with your queries and we will explain our reasoning behind all of our new procedures.
We look forward to meeting and welcoming you soon.